But I'm going to try to now. I have 2 weeks of this semester left; then, hopefully, life will not be so hectic. Then, hopefully, life will truly start to look up.
Mike (my boyfriend) and I decided that 2010 is "our year." Maybe not even decided; that's not the right word. It's more like we felt that this is our year. Mike graduates in less than 3 weeks; I graduate in December. I think this is the year that things finally start to change- that our "adult" lives are truly set in motion. I'm nervous- because I tried the whole on-my-own adult thing once, before I met Mike; it was utter chaos. I landed in the ICU twice and almost reached "zero." My limit came so close.
So naturally, I am a bit nervous of what's to come, both due to my past experience and also because, well, this whole becoming an adult thing is usually scary for everyone, in some way or another. Yet I can't say I'm afraid- I won't be alone this time.
When we first began dating, and I confessed all of my issues to Mike, he told me, "You know, you drive your own car... but I'll be here for you in the passenger's seat, so your trip will never be lonely." I haven't forgotten that, and it's been almost four years. He's stayed by my side, and I've stayed by his. He's my best friend, the best I could have ever asked for. So I know that things will be okay.
This is our year to blossom- and we're going to do it, side by side :)
No comments:
Post a Comment