Thursday, April 14, 2011

She Deserves Her Own Post


I can't believe I forgot to introduce the newest member of our little family, Luna Artemis Vunovich. She was born October 6, 2010; on December 23, she was adopted by ME as a Christmas present to Mike. It was completely on a whim.

We had talked about adopting another cat off and on ever since we moved in together, since we were concerned about Emerson not having someone to keep her company while we're gone, and Mike had to leave Jade with his parents (or moreso, his mom wouldn't give Jade up ;). Two days before Christmas, my mom, brother Mickali, grandma, aunts, and cousins went to see Black Swan. Because my mom has some weird obsession with buying tickets plenty in advance (what if it sells out?!) we had time to kill before the movie started. Mickali suggested we walk over to Petsmart and see if some adorable little kitten he and my mom saw the previous day was still there. When we got there, Mick rushed down to the cage she had been in, only to find that she wasn't there. Disappointed, we turned to leave, when my mom spotted her in a cage near the door. So cute! My mom really wanted Mick to adopt her, but pet rent at his apartment complex is outrageous. We asked to hold her, and as I was holding her, I joked, "Maybe I should adopt her, since I don't have a Christmas present for Mike!" My mom looked her, then looked at the salesperson, and said, "We'll take her!" So suddenly, we became a 2 kitty girl family!

Anyone who thinks cats are boring or all the same has obviously not met our kitty girls. I can't believe how cute they are with their little personalities. Em is a sweet girl, not shy but not real outgoing, pretty quiet for the most part, mellow, and slightly arrogant (she knows just how cute she is). Luna is probably the most friendly cat I've ever met, and I'm not just saying that because she's ours; she is seriously just so friendly to everyone. She's not shy at all; she will hop onto anyone's lap without hesitation, whether its us or someone she's just met for the first time. She is also extremely ornery- moreso than I ever remember Em being. I don't remember Em having a biting problem, but Luna sure has one. She's slowly getting better (with much thanks to our spray bottle investment!).

I have to say, my kitty girls make a big difference. They may not talk... or even understand what I tell them (wait... did I just say that? Of course they understand!), but they do listen. They make me feel loved. When I'm feeling lonely, forgotten, invisible... there they are, waiting to listen, waiting to hear me cry, bitch, laugh, and fume. And when I'm done, they love me just as much as before. They don't judge me or think I'm crazy. I love our girls; I don't know where I'd be without them.







No comments:

Post a Comment