It didn't exactly start out good, it's the results I suppose. Of course I was getting depressed and stressed- namely about work. Work was stressing me, my lack of hours, my low paychecks... setting off a chain reaction, thoughts of, I'm never gonna move out of my parents house, I'm never going to make enough money. ect.
But guess what?! Mike and I ARE getting a house together! Two days after my little meltdown, Mike called me, all excited, saying that he a found a house for us to rent for really cheap! I was skeptical at first- not about the house, but when Mike asked why I didn't sound excited, I said, "Mike, it's not that I'm not excited, you know I want to live with you more than anything... but babe, I'm relatively broke right now, you know that. It's not as if I can afford rent or anything just now..." And Mike, being the generous, kind-hearted gentleman I fell in love with, said, "Babe, it'll be my house, and you'll live there. I'll pay on it until you can help too," I still feel somewhat guilty about that, but I know he means it; and he knows, were the situation in reverse, I'd do the exact thing for him.
Anyways- about the house! It belongs to Mike's dad's coworker's mom- mouthful! To say the least, it belongs to an elderly lady. She is being moved into a nursing home due to Alzheimers, and her kids wanted to rent the home to someone they knew- and Mike's dad suggested Mike and I! He (Mike's dad) and his friend did a lot of work on the house just a couple of years ago and say it's in great condition. We get to go check out the house this Friday, once they've finished cleaning it out. Mike and I drove by it last Friday- it's a cute little house! It's four blocks from a hospital (perfect for accident magnet me) and a couple of streets from the Interstate, an easy and direct route to school for me :) The neighborhood isn't fancy, but it's cozy, safe, and full of charming little houses.
And for my other bit of really exciting news.... I GOT A NEW JOB!!!
Just yesterday, I was hired on the spot! And it's one of my dream jobs, as far as a still-in-school job. Joann's Crafts and Fabrics! Our mall is getting one, it's opening in July, and yesterday Joann's had an interview fair. I was one who did get hired!! I start in mid-June; we'll only be setting the store up at that point, because it won't open for another month. But I am so, so excited! I LOVE doing arts and crafts- heck, I just taught myself how to knit!


I am really excited about this job! It'll be right up my ally. The man who interviewed me is the store manager of the Joann's in Loveland. He was very, very nice, and had nothing but positive things to say about his job and the company he works for- I've never met a store manager so enthusiastic about their job. It made me feel good, and excited too :)
Things really are looking up :) I know I panic too soon sometimes, if I loose sight of the light at the end of the tunnel for even a little bit... but each time, I realize, that I can't lose myself. I can't be overwhelmed by fear or despair, because it's only temporary. And each time, I get a little bit stronger, a little more rational, and can say, "It seems rough right now, but it's not forever, and things will get better."
No comments:
Post a Comment